Monday, September 17, 2007

One-Two-Crash!!!

Budget airlines has been sprouting in Southeast Asia and beyond thanks to AirAsia's success story. Fierce competition arises as these companies strive to level operational costs with high passenger traffic volume + low fares, and hope to make decent profits along the way.

Sometimes somehow, unfortunately, things can go wrong. It can be as simple as negligence, taking shortcuts, unethical moves, etc. Or it can be as serious as a plane crash.


What exactly happened? Was it the bad weather? Was it the pilot's error? Was there something wrong with the plane? Or was it sheer bad luck?

I shudder at this thought. I fly frequently for business trips, always on MAS, SIA or Thai Airways. But next week I'm going away for a short holiday and I'm flying AirAsia. I cross all my fingers and toes that my flights will be safe and that I will return home safely.

No comments: